Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Sims 3 Movie Stuff: The Horror Genre

So just yesterday the new video was released from The Sims 3 Movie Stuff pack and this video was advertising the elements and stuff from the genre of horror. Horror can be either someone's favorite or least favorite genre ranging from comedy horror like Scary Movie, to horror suspense like Rear Window, to the ever classic scary horror with movies like The Exorcist and the Saw Movies and in my opinion those movies are pretty scary. I personally have a love hate relationship when it comes to horror movies, on one hand I love watching not only do they bring the entertainment of watching this crazed killer go on a killing spree but you also have the stupidity of the victims in the film as they go and investigate the basement where the killer is or as they are running from the killer they just so happen to fall on the floor lol and you are sitting on your couch watching these people and yelling at them for doings these things lol. And on the other hand its a HORROR and there are just some moment that are just too scary for me to handle and I just can't watch it. But I have to say some of my favorite horror's have to be The Exorcist, the Halloween franchise, and my favorite horror television show would have to be Supernatural. So lets take a look at the trailer.


I actually liked the trailer it looked like a play on what you would see in any classic horror, someone in the kitchen making food and all of a sudden the killer comes from behind and kills them. I also like the fact that they are combining these trailers with other expansion packs, the western genre was shown with pets and now this one was shown with supernatural which is cool cause not only does it give you new options for your normal sims but also your supernatural sims as well.


From the look of things this pack looks like it comes with some sweet new clothes. And the sim in the red her outfit reminds me of something from The Rocky Horror Picture Show which is one of my favorite films and her outfit looks like something Dr. Frank-n-Furter would wear. And the sim in the pink outfit looks like it would work well for the gypsy fortune teller career and I really love that scarf piece on top of her head.


Now in this photo the center sims outfit looks like a dead ringer for Sally's dress from the Nightmare Before Christmas one of my favorite Tim Burton films. I mean take away that head piece and give this girl orange hair and you would have Sally in your game lol. Now the other female sim in the photo even though it is the same outfit from the other picture but in the gray and black color scheme it reminds me of Edward Scissorhands and even with that new up do hair style my mind just thought of a female version of Edward Scissorhands. And the male's outfit has that same type of patch work as the other female sim and I think its ok but not great I don't like the way the jacket falls and the bow in the center I do not like.


In this photo it looks like we will be getting a brand new bed which is neat, some new curtains, a new bookcase, new columns, and way far in the back of the background a new fire place which I am in love with. I love the glowing eyes and the dark eerie feeling coming from it, I think I might be my new favorite fireplace. Overall I think the horror genre looks pretty cool I love that the creators made the clothing items reflect different movie that we have seen. So I hope you enjoy my review on the horror genre and tell me in the comments below: Do you love horror movie? And if so what is your favorite film?

No comments:

Post a Comment