Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Sims 4 First Thoughts

Hey Guys,
     So as most of you Simmers know Gamescom started this week in Germany and today the Sims 4 team revealed a first look at what the Sims 4 has to offer and I have to say it has gotten me pretty excited about the Sims 4. At first I was all not into the sims 4 when they first announced it because I was still into the sims 3 and I was too busy playing that game but now that I have seen what the sims 4 has to offer, I am pretty happy with how the game looks so far. But anyway here is the trailer/producer type of walkthrough of the Sims 4.


So based on the trailer I am very impressed. The trailer started off with Create A Sim and how the new features work and instead of using sliders like in past Sims games you can change the look of your sims with just a click from your mouse.




Just like in the Sims 3 where you can change the facial features and the body types the Sims 4 has these same type of options but it gives you more of a wider range and more detailed in how you want your sims to look. But from the photos I have seen and from the video I did not see if you can change the height of the sim but hopefully a photo of that would be shown in the near future. The next part of the video went into the actual house building and the new tools for that. In all honesty I actually love building houses in my game although I am not the greatest builder like other simmers out there but I feel like I do a pretty decent job lol.


When I first saw the hose being built from the video it kinda reminded me of an advanced version of blueprint mode from the Sims 3 to the fact that if you don't like where you placed a room you can just pick it up and put it somewhere else and the new build function also reminded me of the Sims facebook game and how you can take the wall and expand it without having to demolish the wall to make it bigger. So at the moment I am not a big fan of the new build mode, maybe as more info comes in I might change my mind.




The next part of the video showcase the actual gameplay for the Sims 4 and the new emotions that your sims can have. The emotions give a whole new depth to your sims where instead of knowing what the sims mood is by the mood bar from previous games, where the sims were either happy or depressed the new emotions feature lets you know just how exactly your sims are feeling from happy, sad, depressed, furious, bored, confident, excited, fine, focused, flirty, passionate, and so much more. And emotions are also colored based kinda like a mood ring where the color of the emotions bar changes based on what mood you sims are in. From the look of things emotions bring a different feeling to the sims game play and since the sims is supposed to be like real life adding emotions I think is a great feature for the sims. Also with the decor I have seen so far, if this is the base game then then decor looks amazing, I mean compared to the base game decor from Sims 1, 2, and 3,the sims 4 decor looks more stylish and with that being the case I know when expansions for the sims 4 start to come out I know the houses would be nicely furnished. So based on the trailer and the screenshots so far I am looking forward to the Sims 4 and I can't wait for more information to surface on this game cause I will defiantly be blogging about it. UPDATE: So I was looking on amazon and the sims 4 was available for pre-order and also the release date was there now im not sure if this is the correct date but it says December 31,2014!!! Like OMG if this is the correct date then that is seriously a long wait considering to the fact that they are releasing trailers and game play info now and getting simmers excitement for the game up cause that is a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment